Assisi and Orvieto from Rome (AO71)
Private vehicle with English speaking driver guide
Assisi and Orvieto
Duration: 12 hours
- Pick up 08.30am in the lobby of your Hotel. The driver guide will have a sign with your name on it
- First stop Orvieto. With its beautiful Italian Gothic Cathedral, is the main attraction of the medieval village.
- Impressive fresco and works of art inside going back to 1300 AD
- Artistic ceramic from Orvieto and Ruta show how well developed is the art of painting on ceramic for plates and decorative objects
- One hour drive to Assisi, the birth place of San Francis
- Incredibly mystical and on a hill this small village expresses a strong religious tradition.
- The enormous Cathedral of the Patron of Italy is a must and develops in various levels.
- Visit the grave of Saint Francis.
- The breath taking view of the valley from the city is a delight
- Try the umbrian old cooking specialties
- Time fo an hot espresso and do some shopping
- Back to your hotel by 0830 pm